Friday, August 8, 2008

My First Sale!!

Wooo hoooo!! I had my fist sale on Etsy.

And shockingly it was the most expensive item in my shop.

Pricing my creations. Jewelry, artwork, whatever, has always been a challenge for me. Some have said that it is because I don’t value the worth of my work enough, or have enough confidence in myself. Maybe, but I think that it is more that I can’t believe anyone would really buy my creations. Or that I am such a miser myself, I am always looking for ways to save money.

Not that I don’t believe that an artist and should be able to make a decent living off of their work and their work be priced competitively. I definately do. I just don’t think that anyone would pay for MY creations. Perhaps it is because I love doing what I do so much that it feels guilty to get paid for so much fun. I have always felt that way…even back when I was a costume designer; I had trouble asking for competitive wages if I really wanted to do a show.

But I think I could get used to not just breaking even in my pricing. It is also good to know others struggle with the pricing too.

But…today is a good day! My fist sale! I am grateful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, no WONDER!! Your stuff is awesome! I totally love the winter bracelet because it reminds me of those Christmas candies, too. The "Send In The Clowns" bracelet has caught my eye and I CAN'T WAIT until you put some vintage stuff up! Since my husband is unemployed at the moment, I'm gonna have to go give some plasma or something to get my hands on these things!

Beautiful work, Jackie!! :):):)

Blessings,
Jamie B.

Favorites from Etsy